Tuesday 26 February 2013

Dear Diary: Wednesday 13-02-2013

Unknown  |  at   1:13 pm  |  No comments

Woke up late. And I'm supposed to be early in office against a meeting. Rushed everything, brushing, bathing, dressing, etc. Took a bike to my bus stop, we waste some time looking for change. Boarded a bus to the office and it developed fault along the way but the driver continued to manage it like that. Another time wasting endeavour. What is wrong? Is the universe against me today. Is there any reward for me today if I come late on a day I'm supposed to come early? Now my boss is bombarding me with calls and text messages, oh mehn its such a drag. Now we run into traffic, great!

Read: Sometimes The Universe Seem To Work Against You But Devil Is A Liar

Ok here comes my annoying cough. Why now in the middle of this hot morning traffic? Lord why me? There's this chick to my left in the bus whom I complimented on her fair lovely skin now she was the person sympathizing with me. I was utilizing my herculean power to suppress the cough. If only she knew what I was going through. Its funny how the stress/pressure was leaving weird tale tell sign on my face. My left eye was shedding tears non stop while my right was completely normal. Guess what, I dint have any handky on me. My nose slowly started to trickle goo. And my stomach quivering occasionally as it intercepts the cough. It was like numerous bombs exploding in my stomach at different sites. Thank God my stomach didn't rip open spilling my guts just because I was trying to be Clark Kent beside a chic.

Luckily I made it out of that fix without imploding. But seriously this cough is becoming a pain in the rear end of my body. The last time I had a cough like this, the medical officer advised me to avoid dust, smoke, polluted air, etc. Well how can I avoid it? Its the nature of the environment I live in. Lack of power supply forces people to run their army of generators that produce smokes/fumes. The road to my street is untarred, with no rains, its very dusty as it is always busy. You can imagine an MNC wanted to rehabilitate the road but the baale of the area wanted a kickback, this angered the multi-national company.

By the time I got to the office the meeting had already begun, it made me look unserious. What's done is done I guess. The day went normally afterwards. There's a letter I've been dreading to write but I just gotta write it. The longer I delay the harder and more messy it gets. I'm sure you know that kinda situation. I want to tell my cousin who was sponsoring my MBA program at UNILAG that I flunked one course and that's why I'm not graduating this year. Well that's not the worst part though. The worst part is I gotta pay extra fees. Knowing this guy can be really nice and kind if he wants to, he can also be your worst nightmare if wants to.

I still haven't done the 10 pager summary of my project that my supervisor asked me to do. Damn! I got some work to do. In the bid to get spiritual this year, I decided to buy Open Heaven, a christian morning devotional book. Well since I made that decision, the book I would say went into hiding. I haven't seen it anywhere. Luckily, I saw it today at Prince Ebeano Supermarket and I bought it for N980. Sometime in the afternoon I went to Germaine Auto to make an enquiry.

Read: The Best Place For Affordable Grocery Shopping And Avoid Terrible Traffic

I met one thick dark African sister in bus. She munched away at a digestive biscuits with dedicated commitment. I watched her with amusement and I got her talking with me. We had cool chat till I got off the bus. But not without getting her number. She studied music and teaches music. I find that superb. A square peg in a square hole. She can play sax and piano. I toyed with the idea of learning an instrument from her and she was like for the right money, instrument and time she will teach me. Oh yeah the number she gave me is yet to ring, should I be worried. It took a while but it finally rang the next day.

THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

0 comments :

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook