Thursday 14 March 2013

Dear Diary: Thursday 28-02-2013

Unknown  |  at   5:21 pm  |  No comments



I’m up early. I did a little work on the insurance presentation last night. Im glad I did. I ironed the clothes I wanted to wear, read my devotional and prayed. I prepared my mind for the day's task. I showered at my convenient time and left the house. The sun was merciless or should I say over efficient in the discharge of its duties of lighting and heating earth. The year 2013 didnt leap so the month of February ended today being 28th.

I needed to board Obalende bus and from Obalende take Yaba bus. There were no buses for some reason. What is the problem? The few buses that came were not going to my direction. And there I stood with other passengers like meat on the grill. This is not the kinda weather for standing at a bus stop without shade. Im sure some plants though they need it for photosynthesis will complain it’s too much.

That still small inner voice spoke to me. You know that inner voice that tries to guide us that we often refuse to listen to? Yes that voice, it spoke to me. It asked me to call my course coordinator, the man Im going to Yaba to see. I've called this petite-statured man endlessly on his two lines to the point the ring will deafen me but he never picked my call. I decided not to call again. This time the stars were aligned. First I listened to my inner voice and called. Just one dial and he picked! First I felt like maybe its the wrong number but I ignored the feeling of negativity.

I spoke to him respectfully as calmly, calculated and confident like he's a confidant. He responded likewise. He asked me if it was the only course I had an issue with and I replied yes. He then asked me to write an appeal letter to the course coordinator through the MBA School to see if there's any help they can give. I went numb with joy. Serious joy paralysis struck me as the feeling of hope was violently rekindled. I've gotta act fast.

I went straight to Shoprite to get something to eat before going to the office. At the office I worked some more on the insurance presentation, mehn its a lot more work than I thought. Ifeanyi dint come to work today. The office has been devoid of his presence for two days. He had complained of being cash strapped, oh well I am too. He pushes a range rover sports and a Benz  suv, I push none. In his cash strapped state, he still doing well compared to mine. I went home early.

THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

0 comments :

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook