Friday 19 April 2013

Church Vigil Friday April 12 2013

Unknown  |  at   3:16 am  |  No comments



I’m alive. I realized this around 5:00am today. I ironed and read my devotional. I showered and left for work. I got to the gate, lo and behold I had left with no dime on me, jeez! That woulda been disastrous. I went back and collected some cash. I got to work early. Ifeanyi came in later. My boss was nowhere to be found. I thought he went for one of those meetings. He came much later. He sent me out with the driver to cash a cheque and duplicate some documents.

On our way back I bought food. I found out that hr pays the driver more than myself, it kinda pissed me off. Honestly the act is within the neighbourhood of what he is capable of. This is not the first time he'll do such time. I wonder what value he places on me. I am so determined to move on right now. I need and must find another source of livelihood. Without realizing it I found myself doing an audit of myself. I wasn’t too impressed regardless of the fact some people somewhere envies my achievement will give anything to be me. 

Ifeanyi's cousin was throwing party, sorta like a spinster eve party tonight cuz his elder sister will be getting married tomorrow so road warriors were invited. Unfortunately I won’t go. I have a church night vigil to attend. I want spend quality time in the presence of the lord my maker and redeemer. My boss asked me to pray for wisdom to grow myself in addition to whatever I pray for. I really wished I didn’t have a vigil to attend, well God first. Gradually the day came to an end. I went home. I ate garri and egusi soup, it’s been a while since I last ate such meal.

There's new song I downloaded by The Scripts titled 'If You Could See Me Now', I have been banging the song. At some point in the middle of the song I got really emotional when I remembered my late dear lovely sister and tears just clouded my vision. I never shed a tear when she died nor during the burial. As a matter of fact I hardly shed tears when some dies. My heart will just be in pain but tears won’t leave my eyes. So three years after she The Script got me shed tears for my late sister through their song. I wonder dear sis, oh if you can see me now.... 

I gave my emotional high a few moments to come/calm down before I continued playing the song. I showered and chilled at home for a while before heading to church around 10:30pm. This was my first night vigil ever since I started my life. The vigil starts by 11:00pm. The opening prayer and praise/worship lasted from 11:00pm to 12:00am. Technically Friday has ended.

THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

0 comments :

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook