Monday 3 June 2013

Every Disappointment Is A Blessing Tuesday May 21 2013

Unknown  |  at   2:21 pm  |  No comments

I slept alone in the house once again. Feels like old times but the house don't quite smell or look like old times yet. I read my Open Heavens and prayed. Did a little laundry. I reworked my article about the accommodation crisis I'm going through. Before I did laundry something happened. I went in the toilet, one look at the water cistern tank and something looked off about it. I looked closer and it wasn't lapping to the wall like it's supposed to. I checked the under and the iron holding it to the wall was rusty and weak. I was like this this is gonna fall soon. My disposable gillet cover got stuck in the narrow gap that has gradually formed where it should've lapped to the wall.

My premonition or sixth kick-started and imminent danger was sort of averted. As I tried to remove the shaving stick cover the tank dropped with the speed of a faulty elevator. I didn't even see how quickly I moved. Trust my sharp reflex, I'm not bragging o lol! But I caught firmly. Mind you the tank was full. I was like what the hell just happened. I’m glad it happened the way it did. Imagine the shattering outcome had I not been rightly positioned when it fell off the wall and more importantly if I failed to catch it. It would've smashed to bits on the toilet floor maybe damaging the floor tiles in the process. The other likely outcome was to land on my toes and that would've been painfully bloodily ugly. Thank God for the way it happened. I cleared the rust that dirtied the toilet.

They say every disappointment is a blessing, I've always wondered how. This time I saw a blessing in disguise. We've been having water problem, I had no idea that clean water flowed into tank while no water flowed in other taps. Now I know, I don’t need to go downstairs to fetch water. Matter fact I fetched from the pipe feeding the water cistern, no dulling. I used the water to wash my swimming gear, showered and stored some in the bucket.

Fifi the girl that lives directly below me came looking for Amara. I’m guessing just like me she has no clue where she went to unless she was pretending. She asked if Amara went out this morning I said yes. I went to work. I ran into Caesar as he was going to work too. He gave me a lift, and transport fare saved. He works in Lekki too with wife of Peter Okoye of PSquare. We talked about joining forces with a few young guys to start a business legacy. I loved the idea. If you ask me I’m ready. I was first to resume as usual.

Chris came in almost immediately. The boss came in late. I didn't do much of running around today like I did yesterday. I downloaded a list of Jaci Velasquez songs for him. She has nice songs. Then I faced that energy sapping boring presentation again. That was all I did till close of work. I made significant progress. South Africa called Ugo asking after Ifeanyi like they wanna recruit him. That’s good for him. Ugo promised to send them a brief profile of Ifeanyi. He asked me Ifeanyi's birthday and it dunned on me that I don’t know it. That’s really awkward. I’m sure he doesn’t know mine but I felt like I should know his.

I emailed my progress on the presentation before leaving the office. I got in the first bus, a very comfortable front seat. The back seat wasn’t as comfortable though. The bus doesn’t have a window you can open at the back. It’s just a plain sheet of glass. It’s good for cars that always use the air-conditioner. I hate sitting at the back of such buses. You don’t get enough air back there. Most drivers and conductors alike don’t give a rat’s ass how uncomfortable it makes passengers. They just want your goddamn money. The bus was taking long to fill up cuz people get in the back, notice window and just get out the bus fast.

One woman complained to the conductor, and I was taken aback by the magnitude of rudeness laden response of the conductor. It was very aggravating. I can imagine how the woman felt. The conductor went on talking so rudely to other passengers and I just couldn’t stand it. I got down from the bus and waited for the next one. Jeez people should learn a little manners, it won’t wear away your personality. I got to Doc’s shop, didn’t spend much time there. Me and Austin went to Onye Mama’s place to take care of stomach emptiness. I didn’t quite enjoy the meal. The garri was too soft for my liking. I went home.


Amara was at home. Okay. I didn’t bother asking where she went or the whereabouts of his delusional husband. I was contemplating removing the extra key from where I keep it for emergency entry. I decided to leave it for a while. She picked a few things and left again. She also left a burning candle dangerously placed directly on top of the kitchen cupboard. If not for God’s protection she might’ve burnt us all a long time ago with careless placement of burning candles. You will think they know how to take simple precaution. I watched a movie on my lappie and hit the sack.

THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

0 comments :

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook