Tuesday 26 February 2013

Dear Diary: Tuesday 19-02-2013

Unknown  |  at   4:54 pm  |  No comments

My Diary: Tuesday 19-02-2013
Woke up. My head aches. A dull annoying persistent ache. I read my Open Heavens Devotional for the first time since I bought it. And the topic centered on a question I have been asking myself. The topic is "Give Life To Your Faith". Memory verse was Proverbs 21:25 - The desires of the slothful killeth him for his hands refuse to labour.

I often ask myself since I have faith of owning my own car this year, as a matter my choice car is now my darling desktop wallpaper on my laptop, is it my current job that will give me the money to buy that car? Which is possible. But I feel like there is something greater I should do to facilitate the process or make it a reality. Afterwards I prayed. I took my shower.

I felt good reading that devotional and felt even much better after praying. I was torn between going to work and staying at home. I was like Jesus when he prayed, ''Oh my father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me...'' if it be possible let the cup of going to work today pass from me. I dint even have or know what to wear, I'm yet to wash my clothes. My phone battery was down and PHCN was out. I gave my neighbour's house-help my phone to charge for me. She said they were about to turn off their generator and I was like let plug it even if it’s for 1 minute.

I should've just listened to her if I knew I would regret later. Then it happened. They left to God-knows-where with my phone locked in their house. What!! She even turned my phone on, what was she looking for? Of course she couldn't go past the security code. The phone was useless to her but it now transformed to vault for missed calls and messages. I was fuming. She should've given me the phone before leaving.

My head was aching. The catarrh mucus wasn’t as red as yesterday. I managed to find my way to the office. I decided to be a little mischievous when asked about my phone because as sure as the sky is up, my boss must've tried to reach me severally. I decided my response to why I was phone silent will be that my phone is missing. Chuks replied the letter I sent requesting for financial assistance, well the result was negative. Not really surprising to me. At least I have gotten that out of the way. I can now focus on other things.

Later in the day my boss came back to the office from his myriads of meetings and complained and inquired why I dint pick any of his calls and dint reply any of his text messages. That was when it dawned on me that the house-help switched my phone on. I’m so cocksure that I gave her a switched off phone. I started imagining the number of missed calls I will get and how angry it will make some people when their calls are supposedly ignored by me. I told my boss that I don’t know where the phone was as planned. He was like

 ''dude you can’t afford to lose your phone now. Buy a new one immediately, I don’t care how you do it. You don’t know how much I depend on you. I was going mad when I couldn't reach you today. We are on the verge of making money. We are on edge of the mountain about to jump off into money. Once that happens, I will increase your salary by 300+% instantly. I will relocate you from that environment to a better one where you won’t be falling sick often. We will just take care of everybody's pressing needs.''

And Im like really? I know Im his babysitter, oh please tell me something that I dont know. He asked if N4,000 can get a new phone of the lowest tech ever provided one can send/receive calls/texts with it. He went ahead to give me the money plus extra for transportation and line retrieval. Now I’m cracking my brain on how not to spend this money on a new phone (makes evil face). I have a phone that I don’t use cuz the case is bad. All I have to do is get a new case for the old phone chikena! Ooh, I’m so smart, won’t you agree? At least this be opportunity I've been looking for to repair my old phone.

I left work feeling a bit feverish. I dint take complete dosage of my drugs though I doubt the efficacy of vitamin C tablets, blood capsule and cough syrup on my cough, catarrh, headache and dizzy spells. I got home in one normally functioning piece after spending some time with Gabriel, Aver, Blessing and Doctor. The house-help brought my with a guilt look on her face. It was as if he saw me coming from a mile away as

I approached their door she came out with the phone in hand. I gave her pieces of my mind. I let her I was angry. And why did she turn my phone on? She apologized. She wasn’t happy though I can tell by her reaction. She must be feeling like 'Is this the motherf**king thanks I get for helping you charge your phone?' I wanted to thank her and scold her but I ended up only scolding her. I wonder how she will react the next time I ask her to help me charge my phone. I got inside the house, ate rice and zzzzzzz.
 

THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

0 comments :

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook