Friday 22 February 2013

Dear Diary: Tuesday 12-02-2013

Unknown  |  at   6:16 pm  |  No comments

Woke up. Prayed. Was drifting in and out of consciousness during the prayer. You know what I mean? You forget what you have asked God before and probably ask for it or say it twice. I used to have a routine of things to do when I wake up that I follow, I don't follow any now. I need to make a new improved one. I need to manage my time better. Looks like I'm gonna go to work late. And I did. Went to work a few minutes after ten o'clock. Got a text for help from a friend of mine who went into the cultural cult called marriage unprepared if you ask me. The text goes,

''Slime a good friend always be the best among friends.Pls gee I begin u in d name of Jesus wo created me & u.I dnt hav money to feed my family,help me if is 2k.''


Read: What To Do When The Help You Gave Is Giving You Hell?

There it is verbatim, nothing added nor subtracted. I'm reading the text and multitude of emotions coursed through my veins. Dude! I got some issues bothering me now. Of course if I had spare N2k, I would've doled it out but not today. My first reaction was laughter. I read it again, then it was pity. I read it again, now it was anger. So many other waves of feelings quickly washed the shores of my mind. I'm not married yet but I should be. Someone I was hoping to marry ran away with an oil worker. I saw it coming from a mile away  and carefully withdrew myself. I'm glad it happened before it got deep. The circumstance is not ripe for me yet.

Read: Relationship Guide: 12 Reasons Why Couples Drift Apart You Should Avoid

I got a married man and his wife & two kids squatting with me in a one room self contain for almost a year now, trust me my eyes have seen my ears without using a mirror. You can as well say I'm a part-time married man/husband/father by virtue of inconveniencing association. Its good to be married but its best to be prepared and happily married. And it starts with proper planning. I know there are always ups and downs in a man's life but with a good plan there will always be a plan B.

Don't get me wrong I'm not mocking my who asked for assistance nor the one squatting with me, neither am I mocking the marriage institution. I'm just saying one shouldn't bite more than you can chew.

Read: Which Is More Important, The Marriage Proposal Or The Marriage Proper?

As I managed to systematically file all this deep away in my memory drive, a young man walked up to me begging for N200 transport fare aid. This is the second person in about two weeks, it has been donkey years when any bodily soul ever walked to me with such story. In Lagos such story irritate me immensely regardless it might be genuine because most crooks turn it to full time job. My mind was like well if you can't afford N2000 for your friend and his family you sure can afford N200 for this total stranger. My mind succeeded in convincing me to part with N200 for that fellow.

Read: Charity Wednesday April 17 2013

I din't bother myself with his sincerity, only God will judge. The rest of the day went by. Didn't bother to write the rest of the high points out.


THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

0 comments :

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook