Wednesday 10 April 2013

School Fees Payment Thursday, March 28 2013

Unknown  |  at   5:10 pm  |  No comments



I woke up really worried. I don’t even know how I slept. I got a call late evening yesterday that today is deadline for registration at Unilag. I don’t have the money. I had already written an appeal letter as advised by my course coordinator. It’s a freaking dicey situation. If I don’t register now and my appeal goes unapproved, I’m doomed. If I register and my appeal is approved, then I will lose the fees I paid. Fees I will borrow to pay. I told Hero earlier and he said he will give me N30000. I told Hero yesterday to transfer the money for the time has come.

I called Charles and he said he is broke but he wants to run around and raise N20000 for me. I went to work hoping for a miracle. Charles came through shortly as he said. My boss came in and paid me with a few thousands missing based on his promised increase. I told him of the shortage and his answer was like this is the amount now. His reply to my text sounded like he was going to give me N70000. He told me to ask Ifeanyi and Chris for the balance. Now I’m waiting for Hero. I called Alo he said the deposit has been made but it’s yet to reflect. Immediately I got the alert I set out to Unilag. My heart bleeds for this money that I’m going to sacrifice. I borrowed most of it, all because man's inhumanity to man. Im paying N106,000 because of one point/mark. Only God will judge Mr Ojikutu.

The bus stop was full and no buses, the two variables I don’t wanna deal with now. I waited for seemed like ages before I got a bus. Next was traffic, there's no escaping it. I went Gtbank to withdraw the money and I almost fainted. They’ve been having issue with their atm service for about 2 days now so they banking hall was crowded! Not today now! Time check 2:39pm, time is fast ticking away slowly. I had no choice. I had to join the queue and pray it moves fast. I mean the bank was crowded wall to wall, in and out. The queue is like game of snake on Nokia phone. The line crawled slowly till i cashed the N70,000.

As I was leaving I saw a course mate who had issue with the same course as me. But has different, a section of her answer script was not marked and she already scored 36. So once they mark it, she is through. We had a little chat which reopened my wounds regarding this MBA 804 issue. The school operated on a double standard. They waved up to two courses for some people who wrote the appeal earlier. It should set in black and white what they waive and do not waive. Some people who have just one course will be denied waiver because they appeal or didn’t appeal on time. What crap is that? The appeal itself takes awful lot of time. I don’t understand why it will take more a month to process an appeal. I am boxed up in my situation, its so unfair.

I went to Unilag and paid. I was misinformed on the late registration fee. I went to the wrong office, and the right office had already closed cuz it was past four o'clock. I saw Chris cruising down the boulevard of Unilag. Obviously he is after them chics. I called him, he gave me a ride to where I boarded a bus, we were heading different direction. I found my way to Obalende and once again the bus stop has no room to swing a cat. What is going on today? Buses are for some reason scarce. Once again I waited for ever to get a bus. I think I waited longer than ever. My leg aches from too much standing waiting for a bus.

While waiting on the centipede line for bus, I bought a bottle of la casera cream soda. My body waited for finishing before it started reacting funny. I decided not to drink it again. I don’t even know I drank it. Finally the bus came. All of a sudden more buses arrived. Where the hell have they all been? I got a space in the bus. As usual we went through the torture of time killing traffic.

I went straight home. I stopped at Doc's shop though he traveled to east. I gave Austin a glo internet modem I promised him. I went straight to Onye Mama's joint to mark dinner register. After the deeply filling and satisfying meal, I waltzed home. I showered and stayed outside for a while for the sea breeze. I just love the sea breeze. 

THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

0 comments :

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook