Thursday 11 April 2013

Sunday April 07 2013

Unknown  |  at   4:55 pm  |  No comments


I woke up around 3:30am, trying to figure out what to wear. I don’t have any ironed shirt nor trouser, there was no power. I need to be in church before 7:00am. I employed the age long technique of spraying a little water on the rumpled shirt and hang it to dry. Then I got a fairly neat looking trouser. I read a little and fell asleep again knowing fully well it will affect my wake up time.


I set my alarm for 6:00am and almost tied it to my head. It rang and I did what every alarm disobeying person will do. Unfortunately/fortunately for me I didn’t turn it off the first time I heard it, it may not be the first time it rang. I remember clearly pressing something to stop the alarm but I didn’t remember why I set the alarm. The last rang that woke at about 6:39am I just have 21 minutes before its 7:00 and Im supposed to be there at least 5 minutes before 7:00am. Goddamn it! On top of that Im supposed to be on tie but Im not.

By the time I reached they had already started as expected. I joined. Topic was Baptism of Holy Ghost. After the class was a session serious Pentecost prayer for the holy ghost to fall those/us that are yet to receive it and thus speak in tongue. Im usually skeptical about the speaking tongue thingy. I don’t doubt there are genuine speakers, but Im also 100% certain some fake it. Yeah that Im even 1000% sure. Im well armed with that knowledge right from my Scripture Union days secondary school. I didn’t fake it then we know those who did and those who made fun of it. I prayed that the spirit of doubt be removed from me and they prayed for me to speak in tongue.

My mind went blank, I couldn’t even remember the common ones I hear, not that I wanted to say them. I mumbled something like a child's first word. At a point my limbs felt so heavy, as if I was going to fall. My sub-conscience acted on its own feebly carrying my weight. It took a while before the heaviness gradually subsided. After the prayer ended I was still feeling a bit so-not-myself. Also I gradually became myself. I know something transpired, no denying it. I would like to have a fullness of it. The service was great. When I got home my mind still wandered about the experience. Then it drifted back to my studies.

Ibe was at home. I lay down to relax a little before reading. He fell asleep. I lost track of time lying there. Then PHCN brought light, less than five afterwards Ibe woke up. Like a timed-automated machine response, he turned on the television immediately his eyes opened. The way it happened its safe to say he actually sleepwalked to the television and finally woke up when the blaring volume hit him. My study room just transformed into a full HD 3D cinema.

I rested some more and just packed my books and went to the office to read. First I grabbed lunch from Shoprite. It was really comfortable reading in the office, if only it was very near to my house. I read until it was dark. I left a few minutes after 7:00pm. I got home to the echo of myself. I watched Inuyasha a little, you know the saying about all work and no play. The came in much later. I went to bed a little later.

THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

0 comments :

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook