Tuesday 28 May 2013

A Worker Deserves His/Her Pay Sunday May 12 2013

Unknown  |  at   12:42 pm  |  No comments

A Worker Deserves His/Her Pay Sunday May 12 2013
Thank God for life today. This is the day that Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. I went to the Lords house to worship him. He blessed me abundantly. I have never missed church service this year. That's a record for me. Lord I want to even deepen my christian life in truth and spirit. After service I had a good sleep. Went over to Caesar's.

I had a haircut later in the evening. Yeah I look fresh outta barber's shop now. Got home sprayed insecticide in the kitchen which is now being run by roaches. If only I can spray the insecticide continuously for at least two weeks they will be completely gone. After dropping the bombs on the roaches I went to shower. I was in the shower when Ibe and his wife came in. They stayed outside cuz of the fume of the insecticide. I felt fresher after the shower. I left the room too to get some fresh air.

I went and sat by our security post at the gate. That was how I unintentionally invited the young man pour out his complaint to me. He had a nagging issue with the self-imposed care taker of our compound which is my own landlord, Mr. Tony. Mr. Tony refused to pay him last month reason being he lost an old car battery for starting his generator. The security guy Peter is not finding it funny at all. I really felt for him.. Amidst his predicament is my own predicament of the asphyxiating stench reeking from his mouth, dude is drunk!

Though he is in control of his system to an extent but the inhibition to guard his mouth is gone. He has never talked to me about issues like this before. I saw a neighbour giving him some words of advice and encouragement earlier when I came back from the barbers. Now I know what it was about. I don’t blame him for being upset.

Frankly I strongly hate withholding someone's pay after the person has done the work, it’s an abominable, inexcusable and unforgivable crime in my books. A labourer deserves his pay for sake of equity. My cousin's nanny who quit under questionable circumstance has complained to me about her unpaid salary too. I don't care if he is my cousin or not he has to pay her salary arrears.

Somebody has already laboured and you are withholding her rightful bona fide reward for her effort, no I don't side with or condole such. Don't ever deny a worker his salary after he or she has done the work for you. It's a serious crime against humanity.

THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

0 comments :

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook