Thursday 30 May 2013

Let The Sleeping Dog Lie Tuesday May 14 2013

Unknown  |  at   11:19 am  |  1 comment

Let The Sleeping Dog Lie Tuesday May 14 2013

I just couldn't get enough sleep in the morning, the usual suspect being I slept really late. I was up till after 3:00am. I can’t blame my system for wanting a little extra snooze time. I just lay there on the bed after I woke. I grabbed my open heavens to read but just couldn't concentrate. Ibe was already watching a series titled Suit and the television was a tad too high for me concentrate. I didn't bother to go that route of telling him to lower the volume. Just let the sleeping dogs lie. The rate at which they watch movies or television you’ll think their life depended on it like oxygen. I know sometimes it can be boring then one need to escape to the movies, but dude it is way too much.

Amara served us breakfast, white rice with stew. She hurried prepared and left. I finished my meal and put away my plate. Ibe finished and kept the plate aside just like he would drop pure water sachet anywhere. I got myself ready for work and left. I got to the office played two rounds of spider solitaire to put me in the mood. Next I worked on the presentation my boss left me with. I didn't do much browsing except for where I need data for the presentation and there are numerous sections that need Nigeria tailored data.

At around 3:00pm, I stopped work and started reading my workers-in-training manual. I have exam on Sunday this week, failure has never been an option. On top of that, I’m hungry. I don't have any cash at hand, the few kobos I have is held hostage by my bank. They call it savings bank account. The saving it for me they say but am I not saving them the problem of looking for cash to investment via loans or other investment instruments? And they make tons of money from my cash.

I wanted to go Shoprite for a meal, I weeded out the thought, later the thought infested my mind again. I set out to make the thought a reality but it was a bit late, I don't want to waste my time going only to view empty show case cuz it has happened to me before. It was on fine evening like this. I just went back to the office and packed my stuff, let’s call it a day fellas. I can always eat at Onye Mama's place, besides it saves me a few kobos too.

Oh I almost forgot I don't have a dime besides my transport fare, great!. I went to the nearest atm waited out the short queue then lawfully robbed myself and headed home. I got to my bus stop and only one path opened up to me, calling me. I have no choice in the matter. I just heed the call and followed the path. Guess where the path led me to? You guessed wrong. The path led me to Onye Mama's place. LOL! I ate and went back to see Doc. I can see clearly now that hunger is gone.

I felt like I was watching a boring television soap. There was nothing interesting to watch at channel Doc. I tried reading my manual again but the blasting speakers won’t allow. I went home. Nobody was home. Ibe came in shortly followed by Amara. He and dished some food before Amara came in. It was like they came in together. Amara said she was so tired that I can dish mine by myself, I said no problem. I watch a movie on my lappie after that I ate and slept off.

THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

1 comment :

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook