Thursday 30 May 2013

My Beauty Sleep Cruelly Denied Me Wednesday May 15 2013

Unknown  |  at   6:48 pm  |  No comments


The morning is upon me but so was sleep. I stayed up late, I just can’t escape the punishment for staying up late can I? If only I had two more pair of eyes, there will be division of labour to make this work easier on the pair I already have. In as much as I have already donated my body to sleep giving it full authority to use, abuse and misuse my body as it pleases this morning, I couldn't sleep. What manner of mannerless of primates am I sheltering? One would think common sense is common but its not with this duo. Ibe and his wife were just walking up and down the bed where I lay rocking me back and forth. How can I sleep under this circumstance even if I a hospital of sleeping pills?

Since the room is always sandy no thanks especially to Ibe and his sandy sneakers he doesn’t care to clean properly. They go back and forth to the kitchen and bathroom more or less cleaning their feet on the bed. They are literally and cruelly using my bed as a foot mat. I've told them how unhygienic this was a long time ago but do they ever change? It was so annoying. You can actually get a frost bite in hell compared to how I seethed with vexation. At times like this I wonder what he learnt while growing up. I wonder hygiene habits they teach their children.

Wait let me ask you reading this, is it I'm being a nitpicker about this or is it normal for someone with brain to turn the bed to foot mat especially when you can effortlessly avoid it? I couldn't sleep even my eyes were so heavy with sleep. The book of curses has a new entry, it goes; ''May your children behave like Ibe'' I kept calm. I kept the molten magma boiling in my core from leaking to the surface. Is it the Lord's doing? I don't know. I just got up went over to the side stool in the corner hoping that sleep hasn't given up on me. If I were sleep, I would've given up on me eons ago.

When I got up and was literally tipping sands off the mattress Amara looked at me with a vague contrite expression as if she was momentarily forced into sackcloth then she looked away quickly. Is that a guilty conscience? Do they have conscience at all? They are like stark opposite of my ingrained desire for a clean and organised environment or earth. I won't be going to work today, more like I will work from home. I sat on that side stool which was now my bed. I didn't go into full sleep mode but I wasn't in full awake mode either. 

Time dragged by, time that I couldn't measure. My system finally loaded the wake up program. I browsed a bit on my phone. Ibe lay on the other mattress cooped over his phone. Moments later he dressed up and left. I lazed a bit trying to ease my frame of mind into the task ahead. I wanted to do a few DIY maintenance works. These people don't really give a rat's ass about the life of appliances when they use them. They use wares with careless and reckless abandon and its perfectly normal to them. First I relaid the carpet that flowed into the kitchen. I didn't do other section of the kitchen.

I washed the kitchen walls except one side. I also thoroughly cleaned the window, the dust on the window and mosquito net has gotten incredibly thick. I would say its now a face sore not just an eyesore. Of course if I leave it to them clean based on how frequent they use the kitchen, a dust storm will engulf the kitchen. As the wall sparkles my heart sparkled with gladness too, I just love a clean environment. I wished my situational roommates shared the same trait. I was exhausted after DIY task.

I sat on the bed to relax, my phone buzzed into life with a call from Ifeanyi that was when I realised I dozed off. Why won't I doze off after my beauty sleep was cruelly denied me this morning the Ibes. He was in the office. What made him change his mind? He wanted to send an important mail but the internet was sitting in my room. I dragged my fatigued 306 bones, flesh and blood package to the office. In one hour I was in the office. He did his thing and left. I stayed for a while before going home. I still haven’t finished the presentation, as a matter of fact I’m tired of the whole thing. It requires some key data and such information is not in the public domain. Why do I have to this tedious, somewhat unnecessary task? Why didn't Gavin at least send the word or PowerPoint version of the document?

Oh yeah I downloaded a part b of Iron Man 3 before heading out the office. I spent some time with Doc before heading home. Ibe and wifey were outside when I got home. They sprayed insecticide in the room and waited for it clear out. Wait what did I even eat today? Beats me! I didn't feel hungry like I normally would, oh well it’s all good. I dropped my bag went outside too. After soaking in some fresh air I got back in the played on ma lappie before my eyes closed of its own accord. Finally I had my beauty sleep to my soul content.

THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

0 comments :

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook