Tuesday 14 May 2013

Shoprite Security Lapse Thursday April 18 2013

Unknown  |  at   1:05 am  |  No comments

Shoprite Security Lapse Thursday April 18 2013
Another day another dollar. Every time I wake I go first praise the lord. I rolled from edge to edge on my bed for a while before mustering the strength to get up and out. I prepared for work. My boss and Ifeanyi leaves for South Africa today, leaving me behind. I got to work, it looked as if they had already been raptured to SA. I came late but no sign of any of them. Ifeanyi came later. His visa was still not ready, providing a slim ugly chance of him not going to vuvuzela land. He didn’t really trust MD can pull it off since his visa isn’t ready yet. It’s a 50-50 situation. He says either way it goes, it’s good for him but I know that’s just a consolatory talk. He is dying to meet South Africa. In the meantime, we just gisted. We talked about any and everything mostly secondary and university juvenile lifestyles and experiences.


Around twelve, we left the office. He dropped me off at the bank and went home. I deposited some money, no queue whatsoever. I branched at Shoprite to get ma meal. Chris called me to let me know he has food in the house in case I wanna eat. Oh well I had grabbed my food at Shoprite though I haven’t paid yet. One amazing security lapse thing happened. As I was taking Chris' call I wandered leisurely out of Shoprite with the food in my hand. I moved a few distance safely away from the doors of Shoprite then my eye caught my hand. I was like why didn’t I put the food in a nylon bag then it dawned on me that I didn’t pay. I reversed immediately back to the shop. Nobody noticed what happened I believe. What happened to their security? If I were that kinda person I woulda been long gone.

I went back to the office. MD came to the office around 12:00 noon. He is gearing up for the trip. Ifeanyi's visa is still not ready, he may miss the trip. Just when hope seems to be lost, it was found again. The visa finally got approved at the dying minute. With that they left for the airport leaving me and Chris in the office. I went home early, why wouldn’t I? Caesar wasn’t back from work yet, Doc travelled so I went home straight.

Ibe and Amara weren’t at home. No food in the house, not that I gave money for food. I lay down reading on my phone. Amara came in around 10:00pm, she called Ibe with my phone to know his whereabouts. Ibe came in much later in the night drunk reeking nauseatingly of alcohol. He prepared noodles by himself, ate and went straight to bed in that stench without bathing. Yep, another chapter in the story of my life, episode things that my eyes see. I browsed a little on my lappie cuz I went home with the office internet modem before bowing gracefully to slumberland throne.

THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

0 comments :

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook