Thursday 6 June 2013

A Friend In Need Is A Friend In Deed Thursday May 30 2013

Unknown  |  at   4:42 pm  |  No comments

A Friend In Need Is A Friend In Deed Thursday May 30 2013
Sleep can you please leave me alone. That's me pleading and struggling to get up around 5:00am. I got up eventually, but that was ten minutes after. Deborah didn't come till ten minutes after six to collect her package. A friend in need is a friend in deed. I did my ritual. Prepared for work and left. The environment is irritatingly wet and categorically cold. I hate when everywhere is like this. That Lagos is a flood prone state is no longer news. The entire Lekki area sits on a swamp. People just sand fill this areas and build houses. As a matter of fact people buy water bodies and sand fills it to build houses. Most times the sand filling is not done properly by experts. The person sponsoring the project may not have enough money to do it very well so they settle for less. In reality this whole is precariously sitting on water. The land is already saturated so any little drop in form of rain, the whole thing comes to the surface.

I took a bike and equally took a long route to the main road. I can’t expect it. Taking the normal short road means I really want to swim in the little oceans form with the aid of the bad road. As I was a few steps away from the office door a call from my boss came in, I didn't bother to pick it. Definitely he has grown impatient of waiting for me. I went late of course. What’s more, his second son was in the office. Damn! I just lost weight to the inevitable that the pain in the ass just got doubled. Though the kid can be a darling, he can also some many other ''un-darling'' things. The problem is less since the elder brother isn't here with him. They give sibling rivalry a whole new meaning. The kid can be fond of me most times. Actually he wanted to see me that is why his dad called. We greeted warmly and I warmed into my seat for work. Moments later he complained of hunger, now that's the Mezie I know very well lol. I got food for all of us from D'Place.

The day was sunny a bit. At least it's better than the constant rain. I was in the middle of my brunch when something on my job description came up that needs to be attended to. It involves leaving the comforts of the office through the madness on the street to an office in Saka Tinubu to make a payment. The once sunny sky started showering lightly. Oh Lord not again. Everywhere is still very wet and irritating to me. Godwin the driver complained that yesterday's rain damaged his property and documents. He said the water level in his room was almost knee deep. It is raining again, what a dumb luck he has. He was taking the car to the mechanic. He will drop me at Swift office then go his way. The rain intensified immensely. Swift entrance was flooded like I expected. Why do I have to go through rough and ugly development when I'm dressed so cute and sexy? I managed to get in without soaking my shoe so much. The shoe sole is so weak against water, that's my biggest worry.

I paid swiftly and Godwin dropped me at the NIPOST for something personal. I've been expecting a package from London from Victory. I'm supposed to help him get a paper from Nigerian police. I hate this sorta stuff but a friend in need is a friend in deed. I'm yet to get the package after Royal mail tracking number confirmed the package has been in Nigeria for 10 days now! At the NIPOST in Victoria Island, I was told the package has not arrived. To make matters worse they don’t really know where it is. I took a taxi back to the office. I slept and slept in the cab. My God protected me. Imagine if the driver decided to kidnap me or do something evil. There would be no resistance whatsoever. I let Vic know the situation, he didn't find it funny. He is running out of time.

I pounced on my food immediately I got back. It wasn't enough for me. We went out again in the evening, this time for something that doesn't exist on my job description. I find such trips very annoying. It appears he doesn't trust the drivers. I think he's just being cautious making sure me, the able bodied bodyguard is with the driver as he drives his son from point A to B. When we got back my body system changed. Finally the cold and rain I was exposed to today has started taking its toll on me. It waited till it was almost time to go home. I have to be strong. I have to resist it. Resist I did. Ugo left before me. I waited behind to finish reading Naruto Manga Chapter 632. 

I went home afterwards. I checked on Doc briefly and headed home. I took a bike of course and still hiked the fare. I don't really blame them, flood is creating an opening for them to profit from. The flood can be bad for most motorcycles. Amara was at home in company of Fifi when I got there. She was cooking something, don't know what it was. Ok she cooked rice beans and stew with chicken. Only God knows where they stay? Only God knows if she is staying with her husband which I’m guessing is the case. She cooks here and packs the food elsewhere to eat. Hope it’s not a refugee camp, just kidding. I worked on my lappie for a while by that time she has finished her cooking and left in the cloak of the night. I ate the food she remained for me and went to bed.

THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

0 comments :

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook