Tuesday 25 June 2013

Blame It On The Rain If I Skip Work Today!

Unknown  |  at   5:33 pm  |  No comments

Blame It On The Rain If I Skip Work Today!
Thursday June 13 2013
Its so good to be back to the land of the living this morning. As I was taking my cold bath this morning, Lekki was being bathed as well. Blame it on the rain if I skip work today lol. I had secretly prayed for the rain cuz I was so not in the mood for going to work this morning. My mind is burdened by rent issue. When the rain fell, it was a sweet orgasmic relief. Somehow I felt the burden being washed away like sins being washed away by the blood of Jesus. I imagined how swiftly this prayer was answered. Was it a dumb luck? Did God look into my heart and just for my sole sake bathed Lekki this morning? Was it planned or predestined to rain this morning regardless of what I wanted? I can never know the answer to these questions.

Blame It On The Rain If I Skip Work Today!
As the soap lather slithered down my body to the bathroom floor and disappeared out the waste water outlet on the floor I watched as limitless silvery raindrops hurl themselves on building roofs and wash off to the ground. Some rooftops are rusty, I imagine it may hurt the raindrops. I wondered if they enjoyed what they were doing. I wondered what the lifespan of a raindrop was. If I were a rain drop, where would I like to fall on? Probably in juicy cleavage of a beautiful lady. Get your mind out the gutter. I toweled myself dry and eased myself into a comfortable position on the bed, also eased the laptop comfortably on my lap. Lekki is still taking her bath, even if the rain stops it will only take the dry season to completely towel it dry like I just did. I work a little on the office task with some difficulties and then gravitated naturally to my write-up.

The rain took a break for the day after a while. I left for work. I got to office less than three minutes ahead of my boss around a few minutes before eleven o’clock. He passed me one of his new laptops that I configured some time ago, this time I’m copying documents and media from my office laptop to it. That got me busy for a while. I hate the navigation on Windows 8. Is it me being stuck in the past or do you guys love windows 8? Bill Gates must be really proud of his Windows 8 right now. I prefer Windows 7 anytime!

I went to the bank as usual to make some payments. Later in the evening an unexpected individual checked on us. The door slowly cringed open and we had eyes fixed on the door and the last person we anticipated strolled in. MD exclaimed! We all burst into a hysterical laughter. It was Ifeanyi, the dude who resigned a few days ago! He didn’t come to work though. But there was genuine excitement in the air just seeing him. We spent the rest of the evening gisting about life, work, family, relationship, you name it. MD left for a meeting at Whitbaker Hotel Ikoyi some minutes after 5:00pm. Ify took his leave also. I stayed behind till 6:45pm.

Already Caesar had whatsapped me that he is waiting for me at Lekki roundabout. I rushed over to him and transport fare was saved. we talked about my write-ups. He was really thrilled reading my blog article. He never knew I could write. We spent some time at his babe’s shop before I went home. In the morning when I was leaving my room I saw the carcass of butterfly or was it a moth on the door mat outside. Poor thing. This evening I saw another one indoors beside the water dispenser. Who, what and when was open season declared on butterflies? Who or what is doing the killing? I hit the sack.

THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

0 comments :

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook