Thursday 13 June 2013

If I Had A Car, This Rain Wouldn't Have Drenched Me!

Unknown  |  at   5:10 pm  |  No comments

If I Had A Car, This Rain Wouldn't Have Drenched Me!
Monday June 03 2013

Sleep wouldn't let me learn last night, I retaliated by waking early around 4:00am. I didn't let it pin me down on the bed. I soaked some clothes around 4:30am. I did a couple things on the laptop, a few changes here and there to my write-up. Truth is, if you read it a thousand times, you are likely to see a thousand things to modify. I need to keep this up, I mean to keep writing and modifying. At around 6:00am I washed the clothes I soaked. I warmed the remaining rice in the microwave.

I read my Open Heavens and prayed. Now my spiritual preparation for today’s hustle is complete. I got ready for work and left. MD was already in the office. I uploaded a lot of post on my blog today. I would’ve brought it up to date except for some vital missing pictures. Elsie told me in the morning that she was going to disturb me with text messages today and asked if I was up for it. With my game face on I said GAME ON. Apparently she wasn’t kidding. My phone buzzed and kept buzzing nonstop. Our text messages kept flying back and forth like a car windscreen wiper during a heavy rain.

Here comes the bank runs. Today is payday. I did all the necessary outside of office tasks. I couldn’t get to Ikoyi Police Station for Victory’s report. I can’t help it. I didn’t get the chance to do it. Back at the office I booked some tickets, one from Owerri to Lagos for Ugo’s mother, the other from Lagos to Abuja for Ugo. I spent the rest of the day looking for certain agricultural statistics on Nigeria. We are still not efficient and meticulous with data storage. It’s difficult to get access to this detailed sort of data that I’m looking for especially online. I easily see such data for other countries. Let’s call it a day here guys.

If I Had A Car, This Rain Wouldn't Have Drenched Me!
Thats not me lol. Just love the picture
Just as I stepped out the office the heavens started watering the earth. What did I do to deserve this? I got drenched. I got drenched. I prefer the cold weather to the hot one anyway. The only problem is the flood and how wet and irritating the environment gets every time it rains. I didn’t make any stopovers, I just went straight home. I was pissed, pissed that the sky peed on me.

If wishes were horses, a beggar would ride. I wish I had an umbrella with me, I wouldn’t have been drenched. You wouldn’t catch me in such wishing terrain. Here’s a sample of what I would say; If Only I Had A CAR, I Wouldn’t Have Been Drenched Today! My pastor would say; “Don’t Ask God For Biscuit, Ask For The Biscuit Factory” He is more than able to give us what we ask for be bold and ask for something tangible knowing fully well you are not going to misuse it. I really need a car right now. I like RANGE ROVER SPORT by the way. Toyota Tundra ain’t bad either lol.

If I Had A Car, This Rain Wouldn't Have Drenched Me!
Luckily this didn't happen to me though LOL! Poor girl. If I were the driver of that car, I wouldn't have done that either.

THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

0 comments :

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook