Monday 5 August 2013

Wild Goose Chase To The Edge Of Civilization

Unknown  |  at   9:33 am  |  No comments

Wild Goose Chase To The Edge Of Civilization
Wild Goose Chase To The Edge Of Civilization
Wednesday June 19 2013
Last night was feast of sleep. I couldn't just stay up at all. I felt like I was heavily sedated. The supposed drug didn't wear off until about 8:30 in the morning. I wasn't planning to hurry off to work because there is no specific task awaiting me and my boss traveled this morning on a business trip. As my body acclimatized to the daybreak and I began to bask in the euphoria of my momentary freedom, a call came through. It was from David a land agent. My boss gave him my number and he is waiting for me in the office. The fairy tale morning I was having just collapsed. That was when I actually woke up from sleep. I told him I'll be in the office in twenty minutes. I have no human idea where that came from. Of course I can never make it in twenty minutes, unless I use teleportation technology of alien civilization lol. I hurried off to meet them.

I got there 49 minutes later. There were two of them. We were to go inspect a piece of land somewhere at Ajah. I said ok lets go with so much enthusiasm. We filed out with me behind. When we passed all the cars at the car my spirit sank. This not the sort of trip one embarks on public transport, it'll be highly uncomfortable. So the transportation menu to the site was an appetizer trek to the bus stop. The main course was two bus rides. Traffic ambushed the second bus ride. Thanks to the clement weather it would've been messy. Then dessert was bike ride to and back from the edge of civilization literally. The road ended with a big sign board that reads ROAD ENDS HERE. It would seem we embarked on a travel adventure to the end of the world!

Beyond that point was vast virgin land and the supposed site was sandwiched somewhere in there. Naah! This land is not good. There's no access road to the place. We needed a piece of land where we can hit the ground running with our project and not where we will first of all waste time and resource inventing civilization. This is mission impossible, a glaring wild goose chase. We went back. We split at Alesh bus stop, they went to CMS and I went to Lekki. I pick the internet modem from MD's house.

One hour later power went out in the office. It got super boring. A quick nap I took turned into a long sleep. I woke up to pesky persistent bang on the door. Who on earth can it be? It was a DHL delivery man. He delivered one letter for my boss. About twenty minutes later power was restored. I did some research online regarding blogging, I'm still a novice I need to learn more. I closed at normal closing time.



Please Don't FORGET To SHARE This POST!!

THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

0 comments :

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook