Wednesday 22 May 2013

Workers Free Day/PGA Golf Wednesday May 01 2013

Unknown  |  at   11:26 am  |  No comments


Say hello to May 1st workers free day. The day I have been waiting for. It’s the day I will shock the golf world with my latent talent. I will intimidate Tiger Woods off the green. Yes it’s going to happen today. I woke up on time. Yesterday I bought a brand new polo shirt for the game. It might interest you to know that I don’t know jack about golf besides the snippet of news that oozes from Tiger Woods’ successes and failures on or off the green. I haven’t played the game before. I have only managed to touch a club and ball before. But today Im gonna be Tiger Scopium lol


It’s been raining since last night. Dear RAIN why are you falling today of all days? Nevertheless, I prepared for the big game and lay wait for the good old rain to stop. I was supposed to rendezvous in Ugo’s residence in Lekki by 6:30am, I couldn’t go because of the rain. I called Ifeanyi asking him to pick me up from my bus stop instead. That’s actually cost effective for me. I waited for them. He was coming of Emeka his cousin. They arrived after about twenty minutes. The golf course is located somewhere called Lakowe Lakes in Lakowe community further down the Lekki-Epe expressway. I've never been to Lakowe before, I only heard the name just didn't know how it was spelt.

The resort is in a serene environment. I like the ambiance of the area, totally peaceful and in tune with Mother Nature. If not for anything, I would love to just soak in the air, chill on the green without a care or worry in the world. Let me give Lakowe Lakes a free ad here lol.

I’ve never been to this area before. It’s very far from Lekki. Lakowe Lakes is a nicely built area, secluded serene security conscious environment. I mean this place is in touch with nature. All of us came fully dressed like PGA players. We had breakfast, a buffet. One guy came with two chics that riled the men up. It added feminine flavour the occasion. A lot of people signed up for the 9 holes, majority of them don’t know jack about golf. We decided to do the driving range first to get familiar with the game before hitting the green. While we were having our breakfast, Ugo was like no matter what happens on the course no one should laugh at each other.

During the driving range, people literally rolled on the floor. It was so hilarious. Most of us were just digging a huge pit beside the golf ball with the clubs in a pathetic attempt to hit the freaking ball. Man the guys foaming Tiger Woods all turned to miniature wooden tigers that can’t do shit lol. A lot of pictures were taken and the diluted adult rated jokes flowed freely. We spent quite some time on the driving range before we played the nine holes proper. It was such an amazing experience for me, I’m certain the rest of the crew felt the same way. Team C which was my team was the third to play. Team C was made up of Yahya, Ifeanyi and I.

I saved the team a few times and screwed up same way lol. It was fantastic fun. Team B had Ugo Mezue and one other guy I can’t remember his name now. Ugo was in the habit unintentionally of taking the flag with him to the next hole as if the flag is a price he has won. We kept reminding him to keep the flag, it was indeed funny. At the end of the 9 holes game, Team B came first, Team C second, Team A third and Team D last.

We went back to the club house had a few drinks. Some people left for a tour around place on a cart, the cart wasn’t enough to take us all at once. The rest of us that missed the first group ended up not going again cuz the rain started doing its thing. Then it was time to leave. We all thanked Kobby for his excellent organization of the trip. We will reimburse him later as he covered our expenses upfront. I would love to do this often.

As a matter of fact I’m buying complete set of golf clubs, balls, and the whole shebang. I went back in Ifeanyi’s just the way I came. I stopped at Lekki roundabout to get something from the office. I spent quite some time with Doc after I left the office before going home in the evening. Amara prepared okra soup, we ate garri and soup again after a long break.

THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

0 comments :

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook