Saturday 20 July 2013

#ChildNotBride: I Signed The #ChildNotBride Petition Today

Unknown  |  at   5:25 pm  |  No comments

I signed the #ChildNotBride petition today at The Palms Mall Lagos. I didn't stop there, I even volunteered to work with fellow concerned Nigerians over the issue trying to get people to sign the #ChildNotBride petition. The real organizers didn't come due to logistics issues according to them. A few of us that came to sign decided to take it upon ourselves to do the #ChildNotBride petition signing job on their behalf.



I have never more passionate about doing anything in my life like I was for this cause. The response was good and bad. Good that some people eagerly signed even when they were hearing it for the first time. Some people first of form topnotch lawyers when they don't know where or what a law school is and question why they should sign. All sorts of people, different folks different reaction. Then the classic Nigeria killer attitude is, "I'm not signing. Whether I sign or not they will still do what they want." just like voting during election. Some people will say "I'm not voting, whether I vote or not they will still rig and win"

I don't really blame most of them. Most Nigerians has lost the will to fight the scourge in the system. We are just what Fela Anikulapo Kuti prophesied a long time ago in one of his song " Shuffering and Shmiling" In all I was glad I volunteered to get people to sign the #ChildNotBride petition.

I signed the #ChildNotBride petition and I'm happy in my conscience that I did. I'm saving the future generations of girl child in Nigeria from forced marriage.

Locations and time for #ChildNotBride signatures | #NaPikinNoBeWife #S29 #ChildNotBrideNG

Petition for #ChildNotBride in PH: Date/Time: Sat. 20th July 2013

Port Harcourt
Location
PortHarcourt Civic center, Moscow Road. 10am – 2pm. @TouchPH
Date/Time: Sunday, 21st July 2013, 10am-2pm
Locations
PortHarcourt CIWA Catholic Church
House on the Rock, Heritage House.

Abuja
Date/Time: Sat 20th July, 2013 9am-12pm
Location
Unity Fountain, Near Transcorp Hilton. Maitama. Abuja

Lagos
Date/Time: Sat 20th July, 2013 9am-12pm
Locations:
1. Ojeez Restaurant, National Stadium Surulere. @Nedunaija

2. Alausa Park, Opposite Lagos State Governor’s Office, Ikeja. @dupekilla

3. The Palms Shopping Mall, Lekki

4. New African Shrine, Agidingbi, Ikeja.

5. Union Bank, Alaba Junction. Oja-Alaba axis

6. Anthony Under bridge – @Africanchildrig

Ibadan
Date/Time: Sat 20th July, 2013 9am-12pm
Location:
Mokola behind Group medical hospital, Press correspondent building

Akure
Date/Time: Sat 20th July, 2013 12pm
Location:
Adegbemile Cultural Centre Akure

Contact @gabrielkolade.

KADUNA
Date/Time: Mon 22nd July, 2013 9am-12pm
Location:
Lugard Hall Front Gate

New York City:
Pls Contact @mzseaun .

828, 2nd Ave New York, NY 10017. Nig embassy building NY

London
Contact: @TopeOlowu

Ilorin
Ilorin: Today 20th July 10am – 12noon Venue: Mr Biggs, Tanke Junction GRA | Contact @Tosyn_rehab

Warri
Warri have a venue now, it’s today. Meeting point is beside synergy centre Jakpa rd btw 12-3pm contact @itsSally2

Benin :
Pls contact @bugsyspree at the Museum ground, Ring Road from 10am today.

THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

0 comments :

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook