Tuesday 25 June 2013

Don't Be Adventurous In A Chinese Restaurant, Know What You Are Eating!

Unknown  |  at   6:58 pm  |  No comments


Please when you go to Chinese restaurant, don't just nice sounding meals on the menu they may taste so good to you, speaking from experience. Ask what you are ordering first. What I want to share with you today reminds of what happened a few years back. We went to a Chinese Restaurant called Saipan. It was a little get-together for the office. So the order for food was made mostly by the ogas but we individually chose our drinks/poisons. When the food was served, most of us can't wait to taste this exquisite exotic oriental dishes. We don't care if they were healthy Chinese food or not.


There was this thing that looked fried shrimps. I scooped more than enough of the shrimp-like looking dish to my plate. More people did what I did. I took one spoonful and I was screaming uncontrollably in my mind for the fire service to put out the fire raging in my mouth. This stuff crazy hot chili pepper. I tried to hide my predicament from public display lol. I don't know when I emptied my glass of red label. I sat back and watched everybody who scooped that fried chili and they all learnt their lesson the hard way just like I did.

Moral of the Story: Always be sure of the cockroaches and frogs you are order at a Chinese restaurant!


My boss shared his food with me today Thursday June 13 2013 afternoon. One look at the content in a deep white bowl convinced me it was moi-moi. I cut and tossed a sizeable portion in my mouth, bad mistake. I remembered the warning in our chemistry laboratory back in Government College Umuahia which says; “DON’T Sniff, Touch Or Taste Anything” I used to taste out the chemicals on people’s notebook especially when their eyes are elsewhere lol! My taste buds recoiled sharply to safety, I spat the portion out at a dizzying speed. What the hell was that? What kinda moi-moi is this?

I had to ask my boss, bros no vex o what kinda food be this? He said it’s wheat and added it’s healthy. That was when I noticed the other plate with soup. The wheat is the swallow (like garri) for the soup. I have never eaten wheat as swallow before. I’m not the adventurous type with food. I’m finicky with food. The soup was ogbono or draw soup. How worse can it get? I hardly eat ogbono soup. I’m going against these unfriendly food tag team. My grumbling stomach decreed I eat the wheat and ogbono soup plus I wanted to taste the wheat. I just shoved the bolus down my oesophagus. It didn’t look like eating, it was like punishment. I finished my meal with a huge soup left over while MD almost licked his plate clean. He loves ogbono/draw soup. 

One man's corned beef is another man's cyanide. That's my version of one man's meat is another man's poison.


THANK You For Visiting

Please Kindly Leave Your Comments And Share This Post. We Really Appreciate It. Do Visit Always>

0 comments :

Copyright © 2014 The Chronicled
Proudly Powered by Blogger .

Subscribe to all Updates via Facebook